BEDS & BARS JOB UK
If you want to start your working holiday adventure in London then this is the easiest, cheapest, and quickest way to get started.
Our London & UK Live-in bar program is best suited to awesome people who know how to start a party, shake up awesome cocktails (or jump straight in on arrival to learn!) and create a darn good time to be remembered. Think that’s you?
Although previous bar experience is an asset, it’s not required as full training is provided on arrival. With your live-in bar job you’ll receive some of the very best industry recognised training, gain industry recognised qualifications and you’ll have a tonne of other opportunities for development and growth too.
- UK Passport, Irish passport or eligible to apply for a UK Working Holiday visa
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 4 months
- No previous bar experience is required (although previous experience is an asset!)
Staff accommodation is located on-site. It’s mixed dormitory style housing and you will be sharing a room with other staff members.
All bills and wifi are included in weekly rent and staff meals are provided while on shift.
Staff members have their own bathroom separate from guests and rent is charged biweekly (aka every two weeks).
Rent is £105.70 biweekly – which works out to £211.40/month.
As a staff member, you’ll receive a 50% discount on food & drinks purchases at your bar (and at all other beds and bars locations too!) but if you want to cook your own meals, you’ll also have access to the onsite kitchen – outside of rush hours! – to prepare your own food.
IMPORTANT: Staff accommodation is limited at some locations so it’s important you advise us of your arrival plans during your initial consultation call.
If a bed in staff accommodation isn’t available in your planned arrivals week then you’ll be able to continue to stay in the on-site hostel accommodation with other guests until a bed becomes free. As a staff member you get a 50% discount on hostel accommodation and then as soon as a bed in staff accommodation opens up you will be able to move-in to the staff dorm room.
Depending on the location, you might start living in the hostel with other guests for a couple of weeks anyway, before moving into the staff accommodation rooms – this is just to ensure you can acclimatise to the site and other staff members before you start living & working together on a full-time basis!
Role: Team Member Bar Crew
We’re all work and all play – combining a fun-filled, social work environment with professional development and fulfilment.
If you’re passionate about learning, progressing, and giving customers an epic experience then please apply for our bartending role. We have a culture unmatched in the industry and we need people who want to help us elevate our business to the next level.
To deliver friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient customer service and product delivery to provide an epic experience for our customers.
- 50% off stays at our accommodation
- 50% off all food
- 50% off all drinks
- 2 Sailing trips per year
- Flying lessons
- Bespoke Training Program
- E-Learning Program
- Partnered with Licence Trade Charity
- up to £1000 cash rewards for finding new employees
- £100 for employee of the Month
- £250 for employee of the Quarter
- £2000 for employee of the Year
- Extensive Training and Development
- X2 Sailing trips per year
- Equal tips for all staff(housekeeper, cleaner, chef, bartender)
- Wicked incentives run centrally (last prize was a £1000 for staff party)
- Be eligible or have all necessary documentation in which to be legally employed in the country, which you are based
- All Documentation required by any Local/Regional/National certifying or Governing bodies in which to operate legally within you units country
- Have a up to date/active bank account in your own name
- Be able to converse in English
- Where live in accommodation is not provided. Have a fixed place of residence and live within a reasonable travelling distance of the unit
- Providing a brilliant experience for our customers
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Serve and present beverages, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards andspecs
- Assist in keeping the bar, front-of-house and toilets clean and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with all new products, specials, promotions and events offered in the unit, so as to offer the customer a brilliant experience
- Contribute towards creating an epic party atmosphere during any time of the day
- Make customers aware of offers on our great food and drink rang
- Check back regularly during food service to ensure customer satisfaction.Learn the skill sets of up-selling and practice them on every sale you make
- Provide fast, friendly and charismatic table service
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
Maintaining Controls and Standards
- Conduct daily standard audits at the beginning of shift, and continue throughout and reporting any issues to line manager
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Always adhere to local liecencing laws regarding responsible and correct service of alcohol
- Maintain excellent knowledge of all company and site specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Contributing ideas to help develop an innovate business.
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team and head office Development
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training within the given timelines
- Engage with your line manager at all times about your own personal and professional development and how Beds and Bars can assist.