WORK IN WILTSHIRE UK
The newest and now biggest outdoor activity centre in The Working Holiday Club’s™ portfolio!
Wiltshire has been a special place for a very long time, and our World Heritage Site stands testament to the ages. Stonehenge and Avebury have a magnetism that has drawn people to them for centuries. But history in Wiltshire is not just ancient – Romans, Normans and Saxons have all left their mark on our countryside and towns. Come today and you can walk through time – here in Wiltshire, you can touch and feel the past.
- Great For: Meeting new people, trying new activities, development opportunities, sports clubs and transport links for exploring
- Season: February – November
- Number Of Staff: 250
- Accommodation Style: Staff stay in purpose-built shared rooms – some staff accommodation is brand new and only some rooms are en-suite style
On the ‘must see’ list, alongside the World Heritage Site, is the medieval city of Salisbury, with its magnificent Cathedral, Longleat and the National Trust’s gardens at Stourhead.
Abseiling, Aeroball, Archery, Ball Sports, Climbing, Crate Challenge, Fencing, First Aid, Giant Swing, Initiative Exercises, Jacobs Ladder, Low Level Ropes Course, Mountain Bike Trail, Nature Trail, Open Canoeing, Orienteering, Quad Biking, Raft Building, Sensory Trail, Survivor, Trapeze, Tree Top Study Trail, Tunnel Trail, Vertical Challenge, Zip-Line
- If you want to get off centre and explore during your well-deserved days off, then there are plenty of things for you to do.
- For any ‘essentials’ that you might need, the local village has a shop, Post Office and a few pubs.
- For those of you wanting to be entertained, or are in the need for some retail therapy, and then Swindon is only four miles from the centre. Here you’ll find a variety of shopping areas (including a designer outlet), leisure centres, and ice-skating rink, a climbing wall, cinemas, restaurants, bars, pubs and museums.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- AIGL Team Leader
- Assistant Chef
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- EFL Course Director
- EFL Tutor
- Finance Administrator
- General Manager
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
- Security Assistant
- Stores Assistant
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is usually in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. There’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Modern gym
- Flood-lit all-weather sports pitch
- 15 full-size football pitches
- Communal staff rooms with TV, fridge, microwave and more
- On-site bar
- On-site shop
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms