- Great For: Mountain biking, spending your days off in London, adrenaline junkies (close to Thorpe Park), meeting new friends, trying new activities and sports
- Season: February – November
- Number Of Guests: 500 (7-17 years old, schools, families, unaccompanied children)
- Number Of Staff: 120
- Accommodation Style: All staff stay in shared accommodation with either a communal or en-suite bathroom
The resort lies on the edge of the Devil’s Punchbowl, about one hour from Central London. With 120 other members of staff to get to know, this resort offers the best of both worlds – green spaces and city lights. Set amongst trees in the Surrey countryside, within walking distance of the Devil’s Punchbowl, with miles of walking and cycling tracks, even the most avid adventure enthusiast can be entertained for weeks.
If it’s the bright lights, shops and shows that you crave on your days off, you can jump on the train and be in Central London within the hour. Bases for over 20 activities are dotted around the 45-acre centre, and to top it all off, we boast a state-of-the-art sports hall (for those rainy days).
Abseiling, Aeroball, Archery, Challenge course, Climbing wall, Fencing, Giant swing, Hike, Initiative exercises, Jacobs Ladder, Low-level ropes course, Motorsports, Orienteering, Powerfan, Raft Building, Rifle shooting, Sensory Trail, Survivor, Team games, Problem solving, Trapeze, Zip-Line
With the Devil’s Punchbowl on your doorstep, there might only be the odd occasion when you want to explore further on your days off – even so, the list of possibilities is endless.
- The nearest town, Haslemere, is only four miles away and has everything you need for any emergency supplies.
- The mainline train service at both Haslemere and Farnham makes trips to Central London or Guilford a piece of cake.
- On warm summer days off the nearest beach is only 20 miles from the centre. There is also bowling, laser tag, swimming pools and more nearby.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- AIGL Team Leader
- Assistant Chef
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- EFL Course Director
- EFL Tutor
- Finance Administrator
- General Manager
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. There’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Non-smoking staff room with TV and DVD player
- Staff laundry facilities
- On-site bar (Captain Jack’s)
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms