Season: November/December through to April
Accommodation: Yes, limited staff housing is available
Min Age: 18
Jobs: Lift Operations, Guest Services, Tube Town, Servers, Bussers and Line Cooks
Interview Locations: Australia
Nations Eligible to Apply: Anybody who is eligible to obtain a Canadian Working Holiday Visa
Wages: Starting at minimum wage ($13.60 per hour) with possible increase depending on position or skill
Welcome to Mt. Norquay, your home away from home. Norquay is a family-friendly ski resort that is filled with a rich history from our 91 years of operation, and is fondly referred to as the locals’ gem. We are most well-known for our incredible background in ski racing, our vast array of events and fun activities, and being only ski hill right in downtown Banff. Come join our ever-growing family and learn how great it is to work on the mountain with some of the best friends you will ever make.
Every year we have thousands of applicants who send in their resumes, make phone calls, and stop by for a visit in hopes that they can obtain a job with us at Mt. Norquay. We look for applicants who stand out from the crowd with big smiles, can-do attitudes, and dedication to the ski hill industry. Many jobs can be obtained with no background on a ski hill, but some positions will require previous experiences.
Current Jobs Available at Mt. Norquay:
- Lift Attendants
- Tube Park Attendants
- Bussers and Cashiers
- Guest Services Agents
- Child Care Drop-In Facility
- Ticket Checkers
- Rentals Technicians (experience required)
- Rentals Attendants
- Line Cooks
- Snow School Front Desk (experience required)
Limited staff housing is available for our employees, but it is not guaranteed for any positions. None of our staff housing is on-hill, but we have a complimentary staff bus that picks up our employees all through town and brings them up to the hill. Norquay is an easy 5 minute drive from Banff, so staff members are also welcome to drive their own cars to work.
We understand that it can feel quite daunting to move to the other side of the world with no place to live. If there are no vacant bedrooms when you are offered your position by The Working Holiday Club, there are still many resources in Banff to help you find accommodation even before you move to Canada. There are many hostels that will offer you special rates for extended periods of stay, or you can check out numerous Facebook groups or websites for assistance in finding a home.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding staff housing, or inquiries about how to find a place to live in town.
If you think that having the Rocky Mountains as the backdrop to your office is good, just wait until you see the additional benefits that working at Norquay will provide:
- Full seasons pass for Mt. Norquay during your active term of employment
- Access to free or discounted ski days at roughly 23 resorts in Western Canada
- Discounts on staff beverages at the pub after hours
- Discounted meals from our cafeteria
- 3 complimentary days with our rentals equipment
- 25% off tuning, waxing and repairs on your skis or snowboards or greater discounts with the purchase of a Tune Card
- 25% off of all retail merchandise
- Immediate family will receive 50% off of Norquay tickets and passes
- Free group ski or snowboard lessons subject to availability (gratuities not included)
- Free snow tubing
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from Banff
- Many fun staff events including hockey trips, curling, Christmas party, end-of-season party, and visits to other ski resorts