A great place for exploring the great outdoors and meeting some lifelong friends along the way… our adventure resort is a 19th century country house set within 50 acres of gardens, parkland and woodland, with a large, purpose-built lake. Close to the historic city of Lancaster and the Forest of Bowland, this is a great place to explore Northern England. All activities take place on-site, but you can use your time off to explore the local area.
- Great For: Walking, cycling, exploring, visiting the lake district, canoeing and making great friendships
- Season: February – November
- Number Of Guests: 280 (7-17 years old, schools and unaccompanied children)
- Number Of Staff: 75
- Accommodation Style: Staff are accommodated in twin rooms within a purpose-built staff accommodation block – during the summer months, some staff may be accommodated within the main guest complex
The Southern Lake District is an hour away and provides a playground for walkers, canoeists, mountain bikers and climbers. For those seeking a great night out or an afternoon by the seaside, the centre is only 15 miles from the bright lights of Blackpool.
All aboard, Abseiling, Archery, Canoeing, Climbing, Fencing, Giant Swing, High Ropes, Intitative Exercises, Jacob’s Ladder, Trapeze, Orienteering, Quad Biking, Raft Building, Team Challenge, Vertical Challenge, Wobble Bars, Zip-Line
- The surrounding area of our adventure resort offers an endless list of things to do during your time off.
- The South Lake District peninsula is only an hour away and provides a playground for walkers, canoeists, mountain bikers and climbers.
- For a fun night you can get dolled up and venture out into the bright lights of Blackpool, which is approximately 15 miles away.
- Our resort is also close to Lancaster and Preston, which offer various shops and leisure activities
- If you want to stay closer to home, Garstand, the local town, has a range of pubs, shops and a leisure centre with swimming facilities. The local pub is also within walking distance.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructors
- Catering Assistant
Living At Our Lancashire Adventure Resort
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is usually in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the actual benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. There’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
- Staff Accommodation cost: Free
- Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
- Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
- Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Staff room with TV (with Freeview) and DVD player
- Staff pool table
- Free Wi-Fi access in most communal areas
- On-site laundry facilities
- Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
- Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
- Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
- Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms