- Great For: Watersports, geology / geologists (SSSI), sports enthusiasts, music lovers and people looking to make plenty of new friends
- Season: February – November
- Number Of Guests: 720 (aged 7-18, schools, families and unaccompanied children)
- Number Of Staff: 150
- Accommodation Style: En-suite wooden cabins, shared mobile holiday homes, shared rooms in a large on-site house – all bed linen, duvets and pillows provided
Nestled in the trees on the banks of Wootton Creek, this resort is a hidden gem. If you like sun, sea and stunningly picturesque scenery, then look no further. Nestled by the inlet waters of Wootton Creek on the Isle of Wight, the centre has a warm and welcoming feel and offers everything you might need.
Just off the beaten track (but close enough to easily hop back on) it offers staff endless possibilities to explore the island. For those keen to head to the mainland the ferry port is just around the corner and the staff can benefit from subsidised tickets prices.
- Abseiling, Aerobal, All Aboard, Archery, Canadian Canoeing, Circus Skills, Indoor Climbing, Climbing Tower, Dragon Boat Racing, Dragon’s Quest, Fencing, First Aid, Giant Swing, High Rope Elements & Zip Wire, Kayaking, Keelboat Sailing, Ladder Logic, Low Ropes Course, Nature Walk, Orienteering, Parachute Games, Popmobility, Problem Solving, Quad Biking, Raft Building, Sensory Trail, Team Games, The Matrix, Trapeze, Tunnel Trail
- For a relatively small island, the Isle of Wight cetrainly packs a punch above its weight.
- It has become a place synonymous with legendary music festivals, sailing regattas, world-renowned tourist attractions, food festivals and the White Air Extreme Sports Festival.
- It has a number of golden beaches, scenic walks, fantastic cycle routes and some of the UK’s most stunning coastline. However, for those less active there’s a huge number of restaurants, clubs, shops and cafes. A quick bus journey away and you’ll find a multi-screen cinema, ten-pin bowling and an ice rink.
- To top things off, why not give the famous Ghost Walk Tour a go!?
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- AIGL Team Leader
- Assistant Chef
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- EFL Course Director
- EFL Tutor
- Finance Administrator
- General Manager
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
- Sailing Instructor
- Security Assistant
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on site go far beyond this. There’s a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent duing the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Large bar (Mounties Retreat)
- Laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in communal areas
- Sports hall
- Staff room
- Staff room with TV
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms