- Great For: Climbers (Portland and Swanage within easy reach), sailors and paddlers (Portland Sailing Academy), geology / geologists (sssi), beach lovers, music lovers and people looking to make plenty of new friends
- Season: March – November
- Guests: 810 (aged 7-17, schools, families and unaccompanied children)
- Staff: 200
- Accommodation Style: Staff are accommodated in comfortable, en-suite basic chalets shared between two people
A fantastic location with stunning views, this resort employs over 150 residential staff. One of The Working Holiday Club’s™ largest centres, Osmington Bay offers you a unique opportunity to live on the Dorset coastline. Wake up in the morning, look out of your bedroom window and enjoy unrivalled views across the glistening sea to the Island of Portland.
A few miles down the coast you’ll find the seaside resort of Weymouth, renowned for gloriously sandy beaches, watersports, ice creams and Punch and Judy shows!
Head the other way out of centre and you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best climbing routes and natural geology that the UK has to offer.
Abseiling, Aeroball, Archery, Beach Walk, Indoor Climbing, Climbing Tower, Dragon Boat Racing, Fencing, Giant Swing, Hike, Jacob’s Ladder, Kayaking, Low Ropes Course, Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Problem Solving, Quad Biking, Raft Building, Rifle Shooting, Sailing, Sensory Trail, Street Surf, Team Games, Trampolining, Trapeze, Tunnel Trail, Zip-Line
- The centre has direct access to a beach and overlooks the sea, with panoramic views of Portland, Weynouth and Chesil Beach.
- Within a 15-minute drive there is a ten-pin bowling alley, cinema, beaches, shopping, pubs, clubs, restaurants, gym, jet-ski hire, scenic walks and a skate park
- Weymouth is only seven miles away, Dorchester is ten miles and Poole and Bournemouth are 30 miles away. These are great places to spend your day off.
- At Bournemouth you’ll find The Bic, which hosts numerous shows and live gigs for some of the world’s most renowned performers, artists and bands.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- AIGL Team Leader
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- Chief Instructor (Study)
- EFL Course Director
- EFL Tutor
- Field Studies Instructor
- Finance Manager
- General Manager
- Grounds Technician
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Manager
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
- Sailing Instructor
- Stores Assistant
- Team Leader (Study
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. There’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
- Staff Accommodation cost: Free
- Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
- Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- On-site bar and shop
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi in communal areas
- Sports hall
- Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
- Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
- Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
- Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms