Employment at Whistler Blackcomb
Want to live in Whistler? What to land a job with Whistler Blackcomb before you leave? Need hassle-free housing sorted? We can help with that!
- Season: Late November through April
- Province: British Columbia
- Accommodation: Yes
- Min age: 19
- Jobs: lift operations, tube park, various food & beverage, rentals, retail, finance, ski school sales, guest services, tickets
- Nations eligible to apply: Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, France
- Interview locations: Australia, NZ, Sweden, Denmark & London
- Food Station Server
- Hut Bistro Worker
- Food and Beverage Cashier
- Cappuccino Bar Worker
- Rental Technician
- Retail Sales Clerk
- Lift Host
- Tube Park / Attendant
- Parking Host
- Whistler Kids Den Master
- Outdoor Ranger
- Whistler Kids Kitchen Helper
- SSS Sales Host
- Tickets/ Validation Host
- Reservation Host
- Ride Tribe Schools Host
- Revenue Representative
- Kids Den Master (For Australians & Kiwis applying for any day-care roles, in addition to your application for working holiday visa you will also be required to have a medical – this will be an added expense and the practitioner will be determined individually by the consulate)
- Accounts Receivable
- Revenue Representative (Audit)
- Guest Relations Host
- Reservations Centre Host
- Snow School Sales Host
- Advanced Sales Centre Host
- Properties Host
- Tickets & Validation Host
- Lift Host
- Parking Attendant
- Tickets & Validation
- Glacier Creek Busser
- F&B Cashier
- Serveries Coordinator
- Chic Pea Hut Worker
- Crystal Hut Worker
- EBCB Hut Worker
- Ravens Nest Bistro Worker
- Glacier Creek Cook
- Glacier Creek Dishwasher
- Glacier Creek Shipper
- Glacier Creek Baker
- Glacier Creek Food Station Attendant
- Roundhouse Lodge Snow Removal/Busser
- Roundhouse Lodge Cashier
- Roundhouse Lodge Cappuccino
- Roundhouse Lodge Washroom
- Roundhouse Lodge Busser
All house residents must be Whistler Blackcomb employees.
- A damage deposit of $215 and the first 30 days user fee are required at check-in. HOUSE only accepts a credit card payment for the damage deposit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Credit card and debit card can be used for other payments. Sorry, NO personal cheques. Once working for the mountain, rent will come off your paycheck every two weeks.
- We have a minimum stay of two weeks. We reserve the right to withhold any money paid for the initial two week period if a resident checks out or is asked to leave during this time.
- Individuals who are unsuccessful at finding employment with Whistler Blackcomb, second season staff members and those who are not making full-time hours, may be asked to leave HOUSE to create room for Whistler Blackcomb first season, full-time employees. If occupancy permits, HOUSE will accommodate as many individuals as possible as long as all first-season, full-time employees who need housing have been accommodated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I move into House before I start work with Whistler Blackcomb?
You have to have been offered, and accepted, a full-time job with Whistler Blackcomb to live in HOUSE during the winter season. Once you have accepted your full-time job, you can move into HOUSE.
In the summer months, we open up to the public. Generally, this is from May until September. Start dates for public rentals depend on occupancy levels and availability. HOUSE is available on a first come, first serve basis in the summer months. We do not take advanced reservations.
What type of room will I be assigned?
You can check out all our different room types, In the Locations section down the page. All of our apartments are shared, with the option of either a shared or single bedroom in the unit.
What are the perks of living in Whistler Blackcomb staff housing?
- Besides our 14-night minimum stay, we have no leases, and you are free to check out at any time.
- We have a 24-hour on-call maintenance team, as well as a cleaning team that make sure each unit is fully cleaned and ready before you move in at the start of the season.
- Our office is open seven days a week, to answer all your questions, and help with any issues that may arise. On every level of each building, you will find a House Advisor.
- These individuals are on-call overnight to deal with lockouts, noise complaints, or anything that arises after the office closes at 6:00 pm. You will be living with our Whistler Blackcomb employees, who are here to make the most of their season, and have an awesome winter!
What happens when I am ready to move out?
- We have a 14-night minimum stay. After this point, residents can leave at any time. We ask that all residents clean and vacuum their rooms, and then bring all their linen to the office.
- Checking out at the office takes about 10 – 15 minutes.
- We are open from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm, and closed all holidays, so please plan accordingly.
- Your damage deposit takes 7 – 14 days to be returned to the credit card on file.
- We will make sure we have the right card details at check out.
- There are two computers with free internet located in the common lounge, across from the office
- There are bike washes located outside Building’s 1, 5 & 6 at Glacier, as well as outside of Brio and Westside
- In the winter season, there is a wax room accessible to Glacier residents, on the outside of Building 2
2018 Summer Rates
House Summer Rental Conditions
- All residents must pay a $215 damage deposit and first 30 days user fees to move in.
- The damage deposit must be paid on credit card – NO EXCEPTIONS –The damage deposit will be debited off the credit card at check-in and refunded back onto this card 7 – 14 days after check-out.
- The 30-day user fees can be paid by cash, debit or credit card. We do not accept personal cheques of any kind.
- The first two weeks user fees are non-refundable.
- If a waitlist for accommodation is in use, the following order is given as preference as beds become available: full-time Whistler Blackcomb staff, part-time WB staff, WB volunteers, non-employees.
- All units are equipped with a lounge, bathroom and kitchen except for Bluevault building units with three single bedrooms. These units contain a bathroom, kitchenette and no lounge.
- There are no single rooms in Brio or Westside.
- Linen packages consisting of a pillow, pillowcase, two sheets, towel, mattress protector blanket are included in your user fees. They are given out at check-in and must be returned upon check-out.
- Smart cards are used to do laundry in our facilities provided on the first floor of each building. The cost is $5.00 to purchase a card and credit can then be bought from the reloading machine located outside the office. There is also a reloading machine in Brio and Westside.
2018 Winter Rates
- All of our apartments and houses are fully furnished.
- Linen. A towel, pillow, pillow case, mattress cover, flat sheet, fitted sheet and blanket.
- Cable is included at the Glacier, Brio, and Westside locations.
- Each unit is equipped with a phone jack, and payphones are available for use in each building. Phone service is not included in units. A TELUS account can be set up at the expense of the resident.
- Hydro (utility power cost) is included at all our residences as well as in the Valley Houses.
Glacier, Brio, and Westside have laundry facilities.
- All buildings have a lounge with full cooking facilities for all to use.
- All buildings, except Valley Houses, have a common room with cooking facilities and TV for general resident use.
- FREE WiFi and Cable
What Will Cost You Extra
- Parking. If you have a vehicle, you must purchase a parking pass and have valid insurance. Parking passes during the winter will cost $25 per month or $100 for the season and are valid from October 1, 2013 – May 31, 2014. Summer parking rates are the same and run from June 1 – September 31, 2014. Please note that there is no free parking at HOUSE. If you have a guest come to visit, you must ensure they purchase a valid parking pass from a ticket dispenser, or they will get a ticket and get towed!
- Cable. The cost of cable is included in your fees, but we do not supply televisions. If you wish to watch TV in your unit, you must purchase your TV.
- Utensils. Almost all of our units have the basic utensils and cooking supplies left in them from previous years.
The people who stay in Whistler Blackcomb HOUSE are here to experience all that Whistler has to offer while to live on a budget. We have a minimum stay of two weeks but our residents usually stay for a lot longer. We offer various locations in the Whistler area.
Glacier Park, located near Base II on Blackcomb Mountain, is perfectly situated for mountain access via the Blackcomb Gondola. We offer five buildings consisting of three different types of units. Each apartment holds three to four people. Single rooms are available in Glacier Park, subject to availability.
Brio is located just on the outskirts of the Village, approximately a five-minute walk into town via the Valley Trail. We offer one and two bedroom units holding two or four people respectively. There are no single rooms in Brio. All units are shared.
Located a couple of kilometres south of Whistler Creekside, Westside is our newest building. Westside groups contain spacious living rooms, dining areas and balconies. The closest bus stop is steps from the front door. Whistler Creekside offers a grocery store, various retail and rental stores, restaurants and two pubs. Uploading at Whistler Mountain is just five minutes away from Westside. This building is a mix of one and two-bedroom units, similar to Brio, holding two and four people respectively. All units are shared.
18 Below Dinner Program: 5:30 – 6:30pm every night
The 18 Below Dinner Program is open to all Whistler Blackcomb staff.
- $7 per meal.
- Cash, Debit or Credit Card are accepted as payment options.
- Mixed menu – to be announced via Facebook, great value and a good, healthy meal, always with a veggie option.
- Let us know if there are other dietary concerns and the chef will attempt to accommodate you.
- Special theme nights will take place throughout the season.
- This is a “not for profit” initiative that is intended to keep people fed and encourage a nice social atmosphere.
- House Advisors will be at every meal.
As long as you remain an employee in good standing with Whistler Blackcomb you will have a season pass to access the mountains.
- Season Lift Pass
- Staff Accommodation – HOUSE – Safe and affordable accommodation for first season employees.
- Club Shred – For $2 deduction per pay cheque you can join this employee discount program. As a member, you will get a variety of discounts in town – gyms, movie tickets, Vancouver Canucks games and many, many more.