Waiter / Waitress – Live in Hotels
Waiter / Waitress - Live in Hotels
This Full time role involves working earlies from 6.30am to 3.30pm, Lates from 3pm – 11pm/Midnight/2am and will include weekends as these tend to be the busiest days. Applicants will be required to be fully flexible with regards to the hours and shifts that they can work.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the team who will liaise face to face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and help make our guests feel welcome and at home. You will have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Singh’s fish dish, or remembering that Ms. Porter recently met her first grandchild, building a rapport is an important part of your role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
- All our waiting team members are paid hourly with any overtime paid
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Live in accommodation charged at just £60.90 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
- Delicious meals on duty
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role and ideally within a fine dining restaurant or wedding venue
- You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner