LAS FALLAS FESTIVAL
LAS FALLAS FESTIVAL
Valencia, Spain 15 – 19 March 2020
PRICE: €60 | AU$ 87 | US$ 67 | £52 per NIGHT (MIN 2 NIGHTS)
Spain is famous for its unique and crazy street festivals, and this fiesta is one-of-a-kind. Las Fallas takes place in Valencia, a city of just 1 million inhabitants, but this increases to around 3 million flame-lovers during the event. Las Fallas is a celebration of the coming of spring. It is a festival to wish a jubilant bon voyage to winter, where locals bid farewell to those cold days and even colder nights by building giant ninots (puppets or dolls) out of cardboard, wood, paper machè and plaster, and then burn them to the ground. There are spectacular fireworks set off from every angle, and, of course, drinking sangria and dancing in the streets.
The ninots are made to look lifelike and usually fit in with current events, poking fun at Spanish politicians and celebrities. The massive structures are sometimes lifted into place by cranes on the day of la plantà or the rising, and they remain here until the 19th March, the day of the burning. Young men wander around the city with axes making little hard-to-spot holes in the ninots and stuffing them full of fireworks. Just before midnight the crowds in Valencia start to chant, the streetlights are turned off and finally at midnight the ninots are set on fire. What follows is an explosion of fireworks, roaring fires and full-on excitement.
- cabin-style accommodation,
- sleeping bags,
- hot hearty breakfast each morning and delicious dinner every night,
- nightly transfers to and from Las Fallas,
- experienced guides, unlimited beer and sangria available at the campsite for 10 euros per day,
- free shots and crazy drink deals at a central bar in Valencia every night – the pre-game for massive nights out during the Festival!!
- Choose to meet us there or ride round trip to and from Barcelona for the weekend!
- Where: Valencia, Spain
- When: 15th – 19th March 2020
- 17th – 21st March if you ride with us to Las Fallas
- How: Meet us there or take our private shuttle from Barcelona and join us for a Barcelona stay before or after too if you like.
- Age: Young at heart traveler 18+. Free trip if you bring your grandma
- Sleep: Cabin-style accommodation with sleeping bags provided
- Eat: Hot and hearty breakfasts each morning and delicious dinners every evening
Departure/Return LocationMeet us there or take our private coach from Barcelona
Camping Coll Vert Carretera del Riu, 486 46012 – Pinedo (Valencia) España
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you provide transport to/from Valencia centre?We will have guides to take you on the public bus for just €1.50 to get into Valencia to enjoy Las Fallas!
What is the breakfast like?Breakfast is bacon and eggS and delicious. Sometimes there's a pancake or two thrown in for good measure. Our chefs are pretty dang good at food. We can cater for all dietary requirements, just shoot us an email beforehand.
What actually is Las Fallas?It is a festival to celebrate the coming of spring. Locals celebrate by building giant ninots (puppets or dolls) out of cardboard, wood, paper machè and plaster, and then burning them to the ground for a night of bonfires and sangria.
Is it true you’re having a St Patrick’s day party?Tá, its true! We will be having a party to celebrate all things Irish on the 17th. Make sure to pack some green!
How many people can fit in the tents?We have two-person tents and 7-person teepees. If you are a group of three, one of you will be tented with a new friend of the same sex. Just let us know your preferences on arrival and we’ll do our best to allocate you the tent you would like (subject to availability). For those anti-social humans, we offer private tents for a small additional fee. We understand our guests’ needs… a little extra room for a special someone if the night leads there. Please don’t padlock your tent if you haven’t paid for a solo tent upgrade (we will just cut it off).
Is it true that for just €10 a day I can get unlimited beer and sangria?Yep, you heard it first. you can get unlimited beer and sangria at our campsite for jut €10 a day. Add it to your booking now! Don’t know how? Email email@example.com and they will sort you out.
What’s the weather going to be like?
- Las Fallas falls in Spring, so its just getting warm but not too hot. Some say it’s the perfect temperature. But make sure you bring a jumper as well as something awesome to party in.