BECOME A SKI INSTRUCTOR CANADA
BECOME A QUALIFIED SKI OR SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR
Want to live the dream and become a qualified Ski or Snowboard instructor? The Working Holiday Club is proud to announce that we have teamed up with SilverStar Ski Resort to offer Level 1 certifications with a job opportunity on completion.
The courses commences in the first week of December and involves seven days of on-snow training before the three days course commences. You will also have plenty of time off to practice your skills before taking the final test.!
Silverstar has extremely high standards for their instructors so its important you understand the programme before jumping right in. To be eligible you MUST have experience working, teaching or volunteering with children in some capacity. If you are unsure about your experience levels and whether they would be enough simply ask your Canadian Working Holiday specialist!
WHAT DO I GET?
Please note, we are not a recruitment agency or a job agency. We offer awesome packages in Canada for the purpose of international experiences & education. If one of our packages has a paid work option, you are not required to use it as it available as a means to fund travels and we do not charge any extra costs for this feature.
- The Course includes the skills to teach children from first time to snowplough turns, class handling & safety, technical information, riding & demonstrating ability all based on the core skills used in the Australian teaching system.
- The minimum skier ability level required is intermediate (parallel on blue runs)
- No previous work experience is required but it is heavily favoured
- 19 – 35 Years
- Must Hold Aus, NZ, UK or EU passport
- Have no drink diving offences
- While success rates are high, they are not guaranteed.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
- Ski instuctor course & job $1799
WHAT ABOUT THE JOB?
SKI AND SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR
Ski and snowboard instructors have the enviable job of spending their days on the slopes. These patient individuals teach everyone from wee tots to active seniors how to improve their skiing and snowboarding skills. They are also ambassadors on the mountain to ensure guests have a successful day and will return. The work is dependant on customer demand, so ski breaks are common within the workday.
- Teaching duties relative to certification and experience with adults and or children in both groups and private lessons
- Participation in training clinics
- Be familiar with lessons and pricing to continue to promote skill development
- Actively assist guests to remain in the sport
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum level 1 CSIA / CASI / CANSI or equivalent
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- Polished interpersonal and motivational skills
- Highly organized
- Team player
- Second language a definite asset
Hours: Per week range between 15-40 F/T
Wage: Minimum starting wage is $13.00 per hour and will vary depending on your qualification
Operational Hours: Operation hours can range from 8am till 3pm
RESORT & JOB
INTERVIEW & JOBS
As Part of the TWHC Programme, you will also receive
- Face-to-face interview in Aus/NZ and UK/EU
- Job Opportunities on completion of the certification.
- On mountain staff housing
- Free season lift pass
- First nights accommodation on arrival to Vancouver
- Step by step visa assistance
- In-country orientation
SILVERSTAR & TWHC
Departure/Return LocationAustralia / New Zealand / UK
Departure TimeNovember 2020
Dress CodeUniform Provided