LIVE EVENTS CREW – LABOURING
Programs we offer a guaranteed job pre-departure for Live Events Crew – Labouring;
- Work as a skilled/unskilled labourer in the production of live events in London e.g. Stage/screens, festivals, major sporting events etc.
- Load and unloading trucks, lifting and shifting
- Rigging/de-rigging sound, lights and AV equipment
- Building and dismantling stages and scenery
- Laying temporary flooring and seating
- Working in various venues across London
Start Dates: All year round
Hourly rate: £10-15 per hour (including holiday pay) for London. £8.50 – £14.00 (including holiday pay) for the Regions.
Accommodation: Off-site accommodation starting from £85 per week, all bills included
Uniforms: Uniform supplied on Induction with a small amount deducted from first pay check. Steel caps not provided.
Shifts: Monday – Sunday
Length: 4 -14 hours per shift
Job Offer: A few weeks after booking one of our programs
Interview Style: Skype
WHAT SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCREASE YOUR HOURLY RATE?
- Scissor lift licence
- Cherry picker licence
- Electrical Qualifications
WHAT TRAINING WILL YOU RECEIVE?
All our crew have a full day’s induction before they go out on site, covering Manual Handling as well as Health and Safety Regulations. Whilst you complete your probationary period, you will be mentored by one of our Crew Chiefs, so you don’t have to worry about going out on your own/knowing everything before you begin. Once you have passed your Probation and have been promoted to General crew, there are then other options open to you regarding training. We run skills courses internally and externally, ranging from show calling, follow spot operating to driving forklifts, rigging, as well as first aid and health & safety.
WHAT KIND OF HOURS CAN YOU EXPECT?
Due to the nature of the work there are crew working somewhere every hour of every day. You must be flexible, it is truly a 24/7, 365 days a year business. We have a very robust Health & Safety policy ensuring that hours are evenly spread so you will have sufficient rest time.
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPTION FOR YOUR WORKING HOLIDAY?
- Get to work the hours you want
- Get a job offer before you leave your home country
- The job remains yours for the length of your working visa
- You can travel at any time and come back to your job
- You are working with other travellers
- You can book shifts for when you are getting back from travelling, ensuring that you are never without an income
- Work less days, earn top wages and travel more