Linen Porter – Live in Hotels
Linen Porter - Live in
Full Time 40 Hour contract with Live in accommodation
We have an opportunity for a Full Time Linen Porter to join the team
As our Linen Porter you will help to ensure the Housekeeping areas are stocked with fresh linen and other items such as bottles of water and other guest amenities for the Housekeeping Assistants as well as collecting up the used linen and transporting this to the appropriate collection areas.
In this role there may also be times you are asked to assist with bedroom/bathroom cleaning, stripping or making beds or cleaning in other areas such as the Heath Club & Spa so we are looking for someone with a flexible attitude. As you will also regularly be cleaning in the public areas you will need to be well presented and have a friendly and polite approach when interacting with our guests.
Many members of our team enjoy the working hours Housekeeping offers as it involves day time shifts generally between the hours of 8am and 4.30pm with occasional earlier starts or later finishes.
What’s in it for you:
- 4 weekly pay for all hours worked plus a share of service charge to boost your earnings
- Live in accommodation on-site (with en suite bathroom) charged at £85 per week all-inclusive of your meals
- Holidays which increase each year with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings on the island of Guernsey within easy reach of the beach and town
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- You’ll be able to work the hours required and travel to work in Guernsey
- You’ll feel comfortable working both alone and as part of a team
- You’ll have an eye for detail notice things others often don’t and be able to complete manual handling and heavy-duty cleaning tasks
- You’ll take pride in delivering consistently high standards
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and helpful manner as our teams work together to ensure our guests are happy