Hotel Porter / Concierge – Seasonal – Live in Hotels
Hotel Porter / Concierge - Seasonal - Live in Hotels
Hotel Porter / Concierge (Seasonal Summer 2022) – Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, Channel Islands
May 2022 – September/October 2022
We are looking for a smart, friendly and helpful Porter / Concierge to join our team this summer season.
You will be able to give a fantastic welcome to our guests when they arrive with your warm personality and will pride yourself on being smart and presentable as the face of the Hotel.
As the Hotel porter/ concierge you will show our guests to their rooms once they have checked in, helping to carry their luggage and recommending things to do during their visit.
You will also support the reception team with answering phone calls and ordering taxi’s.
This is a full time role that offers a mixture of hours and flexibility, including early shifts from 7 – 3.30pm and late shifts from 2.30pm – 11pm or 3pm – 11.30pm. This is on a rota basis and includes weekends.
A £500 end of season bonus is on offer with this role if you stay until the end of contract date agreed.
What’s in it for you:
- Living and working on the beautiful island of Jersey in a stunning location
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team every month to boost your earnings!
- Live in accommodation charged at just £69 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym and swimming pool
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 29 days holiday (pro rata for the duration of your contract) – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and genuine manner
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll have previous experience in a similar environment and role and be comfortable being on your feet throughout the duration of your shift and helping to carry luggage
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with new and returning guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
- You’ll have very good English verbal and written command