Food & Beverage Assistant- Live in Hotels
Food & Beverage Assistant
Are you both charming and hardworking in equal measure? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the Waiting Team, where your talents will be encouraged to shine!
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the team who will liaise face to face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Samael’s fish dish, or remembering that Ms. Porter recently met her first grandchild, building a rapport is an important part of your role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
This full time position involves a variety of shift patterns including early breakfast shifts from 6:30am and lates until Midnight. Working 40 hours per week with any overtime paid. This will include weekends as these tend to be the busiest days.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary – all our waiting team members are paid hourly with any overtime paid £10.00 per hour
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- Delicious meals on duty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll live close to the hotel, or within a reasonable commute
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner