WORK IN SCOTLAND
A stunning outdoor centre built into the picturesque Perthshire landscape, this resort is situated in almost 60 acres of Perthshire forest, with stunning views over the Grampian Mountains and Tay Valley. Behind the 18th century Scottish Manor House the Craigvinean Forest, there’s an outdoor activity paradise.
- Great for: Mountain biking, walking, paddling (River Tay and a plenty of Lochs!), ski fields just an hour away and climbing (there are two great climbing crags just a ten minute drive away)
- Season: February – November
- Number of guests: 440 (7-16 year olds, schools, families, youth groups and uniform groups)
- Number of staff: 100
- Accommodation style: Shared rooms located either within the manor house or in a nearby staff block
Although the centre gives the illusion of being in the middle of the outdoors there are a number of nearby towns, and Edinburgh and Glasgow are just over an hour away. The tranquil peacefulness of this beautiful centre is only disturbed by the buzz of The Working Holiday Club™ and the sounds of The Working Holiday Club™ guests and staff having the time of their lives.
Abseiling, Archery, Canoeing, Catwalk, Challenge Course, Climbing, Fencing, Forest Hike, Giant Swing, History Trail, Jacob’s, Ladder, Mountain Biking, Nature Trail, Orienteering, Problem Solving, Quad Biking, Raft Building, Rifle Shooting, Sensory Trail, Sequoia Scramble, Survivor Team Games, Trapeze, Tree Climb, Vertical Challenge, Zip-Line
- Down the road from the resort you will find Dunkeld, a town with a number of unique shops, bars and restaurants.
- Dunkeld also has banks, a Post Office and a supermarket – everything you need for day-to-day life, as well as deep fried chocolate.
- For those things that you can’t find in Dunkeld, there’s Perth, just 18 miles away. Perth has everything you would expect from a city, including a cinema, bars, clubs, restaurants and shops.
- There is also the Dewars Centre, where you skate and bowl or even try out curling.
- The local area also provides some wonderful outdoor opportunities, like paddling on the River Tay, and two great climbing crags just a ten minute drive away.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- AIGL Team Leader
- Assistant Chef
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- EFL Course Director
- EFL Tutor
- Finance Administrator
- General Manager
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on site go far beyond this. There’s a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent duing the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Staff Room with TV and DVD player
- Laundry Facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in communal areas
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms