Enjoy all that Paris has to offer, all year round! Previously a three-star hotel and the base for the Brazilian World Cup team in the 1998 tournament, The Working Holiday Club’s™ flagship centre in France is an impressive building, to say the least. Set in 70 acres of private grounds, our Adventure Resort employs over 40 members of staff for almost 12 months of the year.
- Great For: Improving your language skills, spending your days off in Paris, sports clubs, footballers (the Annual Pal ‘le Tournoi’ is held here every year) and visiting Disneyland Paris and other tourist attractions
- Season: January – December
- Number Of Guests: 300 (10-18 years old, schools, families and unaccompanied children)
- Number Of Staff: 44
- Accommodation Style: Staff accommodation is mainly in twin rooms with en-suite showers
As a Tour Leader, you will spend your working days in Paris and leading excursions to other famous French attractions. If you have another role in centre, you can do the same on your days off. With organised staff entertainment, sports clubs and social events, there is always something for everyone to do!
- Abseiling, Archery, Climbing wall, Initiative exercises, Low ropes course, Orienteering, Trapeze, Zip wire
- The Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, Montmartre, Bastille area, Disneyland Paris, Local French market
- Our resort is in the French town of Lesigny, which has been the set for many films and advertisements.
- The resort is set in 70 acres of private grounds, which you can explore until your heart is content
- Practice your language skills in the local shops and towns, or jump on a train and head into Paris
- With Paris just 20 miles from the centre, you can spend your days off enjoying a coffee in a Parisian cafe, or exploring all that the city has to offer.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- AIGL Team Leader
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Centre Operations Manager
- Chief Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is usually in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the actual benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. They’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent duing the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Outdoor heated swimming pool, open from May – September
- Basketball courts, boules pitches, cinema room, full-size football pitch, gym, tennis, volleyball
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Laundry facilities
- Staff room
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms