With direct access to the beach and the glorious Mediterranean Sea on your doorstep, this resort is an ideal place to spend the season working. If you take a short walk from the back of the centre, you will hit the Languedoc coast. This RYA approved and BCU recognised teaching centre gives staff the opportunity to brush up on their watersports skills, in their time off, or just relax on the beach.
- Great For: Watersports, beaches, food and wine, shops and markets and local music
- Season: May – September
- Guests: 300
- Staff: 85
- Accommodation Style: All staff are accommodated in shared, large-frame tents with electricity (light and power points) with communal showers and toilets nearby
Our Adventure Resort is just outside the holiday resort of Valras Plage, which gives staff the chance to get off centre and soak up some of the local atmospheres.
Abseiling, Archery, Climbing, Raft Building, Banana Boat, Sailing Catamarans and Dinghies (Funboats, Picos and Fevas), Sit-on-Kayaks, Snorkelling
- Situated just outside the holiday resort of Valras Plage, The Working Holiday Club™ Adventure Resort has an idyllic seafront location.
- The centre has direct access to a long, open and uncrowded section of the beautiful Languedoc Coast.
- The local area has a laid-back holiday feel, making the resort a vibrant place to live and work.
- The centre is very close to Beziers, where you will find various restaurants, shops and markets selling local produce. In the evenings, the town has everything you need for a night off, including lively bars.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- AIGL Team Leader
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Centre Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Centre Support Assistant/Driver
- Chief Instructor (Watersports)
- Finance Administrator
- Group Leader
- Guest Care Manager
- Guest Care Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Overseas HR Administrator
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Sailing Instructor
- Team Leader (Overseas)
- Windsurf Instructor
Living At Our Languedoc Coast Adventure Resort
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is usually in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the actual benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. There’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- On-site activity bases
- Spacious dining room
- Private gardens and grounds
- Tuck shop
- Laundry facilities
- Staff room with Sky TV and DVD player
- Internet Access
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms