Living & Working At Our Devon Adventure Resort
Situated in the gorgeous sun-soaked English Riviera, our Adventure Resort is a fantastic place to work, rest and play.
The resort is an imposing country mansion set in 46 acres of beautiful countryside on the outskirts of Torquay, in the middle of the English Riviera. So, if working close to the seaside in glorious sunshine is what you are after, then look no further. The local area is surrounded by stunning coast and countryside. The English Riviera may be most famous for its award winning beaches and exotic palm trees, but it has much more to offer than just seaside holidays and has more attractions than any other resort in the UK, and is also a Global Geopark.
- Great for Sun seekers / surfers, walkers, lifeguards, explorers and beach lovers
- Season: April – September
- Number Of Guests: 720 (aged 7-17 and brought in from local schools and youth language programs)
- Number Of Staff: 130
- Accommodation Style: Staff accommodation is in chalets or the main house, shared between two people. Most have en suites. All bed linen, duvets and pillows are provided.
If you live in the Torquay area and want to see what career options The Working Holiday Club™ can offer, we’ve got flexible contracts to suit you. Both full and part-time catering, housekeeping and retail vacancies. Whether it’s just a couple of evenings work each week or full-time hours, we’re got it for you.
- Abseiling, Aeroball, Archery, Beach Walk, Canoeing, Crate Challenge, Challenge Course, Indoor Climbing Wall, Climbing Tower, Dry Slope Skiing, Fencing, First Aid, Giant Swing, Jacob’s Ladder, Low Ropes Course, Mountain Biking, Nature Walk, Orienteering, Problem Solving, Quad Biking, Raft Building, Rock Pooling, Sensory Trail, Swimming, Trapeze, Team Games, Vertical Challenge, Zip Wire
- Our Adventure Resort Is Less Than 5 Miles From The Torquay Surf, But If You Don’t Fancy Getting Wet, Then Just A Short Drive Away Is Dartmoor National Park.
- The Area Is One Of The Country’s Most Popular Holiday Destinations, With Accommodation, Pubs, Restaurants And Shops To Suit All Tastes And Budgets.
- There Is A supermarket And Retail Complex Within A Mile And The Nearest Train/Coach Stations Can Be Found At Newton Abbot.
What’s up in Devon
Visit Devon and you can learn to surf in the spectacularly rugged coastline of North Devon, head out on your bike into the hills of Exmoor National Park, trek the South West Coast Path in South Devon, try your hand at sailing from Dartmouth or Salcombe. Why not take the kids and explore the Geopark on the English Riviera or try coasteering, jet skiing or scuba diving? Discover the wilder side of Devon by climbing a tor or camping under the stars, or fish the Dart on Dartmoor National Park, swing through the trees or power down the woodland tracks at Haldon Forest.
You can even ski all year round at the Plymouth Ski and Snowboard Centre, or just go for a stroll in the fresh air and the glorious countryside. The South West’s largest indoor climbing wall at Quay Climbing Centre in Exeter’s Historic Quayside is a must for any climbing enthusiast, or try the indoor climbing wall (great for all ages and abilities) at Rock & Rapid near South Molton. For something unusual, pack a picnic and go Llama trekking from Sidmouth.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- AIGL Team Leader
- Assistant Chef
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- EFL Course Director
- EFL Tutor
- Finance Administrator
- General Manager
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
When you are offered a position to work in one of our Adventure Resorts you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on site go far beyond this. There’s a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
- Staff Accommodation cost: Free
- Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent duing the hot summer months.
- Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
- Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Use of the swimming pool (available to limited proprties)
- On-site bar and large shop
- Dry ski-slope and purpose built lake
- Free Wi-Fi in communal areas
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Sports barn and activity barn with indoor climbing wall
- Football pitch and playing fields
- The Crazy Moose and Mini Moose on-site bars
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Day trips
- Use of all the adventure facilities
- Weekends & free time
Make the most of your free time by exploring your local area or heading off to soak up the sites in popular tourist spots such as Bath, London and Cornwall! Camp staff may also use the activity equipment in their spare time when it is not being used by guests. This can mean surfing, sailing and biking. Take time to hang out with other camp staff at the camp bar and practice your karaoke. The majority of the staff accommodation is in shared rooms with either an en-suite or shared bathroom.
- Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
- Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
- Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
- Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms