- Winter Season: November – April
- Summer Season: May – September
- Location: Blue River, British Columbia
- Staff Accommodation: Subsidised private or shared accommodations
- Positions Available: Guest Services, Food & Beverage (front and back of house), Housekeeping, Sports Shop
- Staff Benefits: Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing offers several benefits in addition to competitive wages. We award our employees with a wide range of employment incentives and subsidized food and housing services.
When you work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing, you become part of a larger family of motivated people who thrive in a natural environment that promotes safe practices and good health.
At Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing, we know that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our wages are highly competitive, and our subsidized housing and food services mean that our employees are able to save money while working in Blue River throughout the year/season. We offer opportunities for advancement in all departments and ensure that each employee is supported in their effort to provide excellent customer service every day.
Our culture is built on positive attitudes, ambition, and a passion for skiing. Whether you join us for an amazing seasonal experience or join our team in a year-round career capacity, employment at MWHS is the experience of a lifetime!
Are you looking for a great job and a great lifestyle? Do you love snow? Would you like to work for the finest heli-ski resort in the world? If you share a passion for excellence, then learn more about the employment opportunities at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing where we work hard…and play harder.
- Guest Services: Front Desk
- Food & Beverage: Server, Attendant, Bartender, Cook, Dishwasher
- Housekeeping: Room Attendant, Janitor, Houseperson
- Sports Shop: Ski Technician
Subsidized private or shared accommodation available in Blue River. Employees are required to sign a Staff Housing Agreement and pay a security deposit in the amount of two-weeks rent. Arrival must be coordinated with department manager. Check in times are between 9am-5pm. If you will arrive after 5pm, you will need to organize alternative accommodation for the evening, unless approval is obtained from a manager. A negative rapid antigen test on arrival is required before checking in.
- Competitive wages of $18 per hour + $1 per hour season completion bonus
- Added bonus of auto gratuities pool when guests inhouse (winter season)
- Free shift meal and discounted meals at our staff restaurant
- Staff discount on retail items in our world class boutique
- Staff accommodation $90 to $125 per week for private room
- Health benefits and retirement plan (for eligible year-round and returning seasonal employees)
- Rental shop discounts
- Opportunities to go helicopter skiing for free
- Access to Marmot Basin Ski Resort in Jasper for resort skiing/snowboarding
- Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops, Jasper, and Vancouver
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus program
- In house training and development programs
- Complimentary recreational opportunities:
- Cross country skiing
- Ice skating
- Fat biking
- The opportunity to work and play at an amazing location
- Food and beverage discounts at our Lodge*
- Use of our fitness center*
- Family and friends lodging discount*
- Discounted family and friends standby heli-ski rate*
- Family and friends discounted rates in our 5-star dining room*
- Staff events and dinners*
- Guaranteed adventure!
*Subject to Federal and Provincial Health & Covid-19 Regulations and Restrictions