CENTRAL MT CHECK-IN / NIGHT AUDITOR
Position: Central Mountain Check-In Night Auditor
Reports to: Night Audit Manager and Central Reservations Manager Employment: Full Time Seasonal
Job Description: Responsible for the front desk operation during the overnight shift (Midnight – 8am). Will be required to check in/check out guests, make or modify reservations, handle and resolve guest complaints, prepare daily reports and balance transactions. Also must be able to patiently answer all questions of the guests of Big White Ski Resort and assist them in every way possible to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. ** due to the shift, this position is best suited to a candidate who wants to have maximum time on the snow
- Reliable and dependable
- Exceptional customer service & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision but also as part of a team
- Positive upbeat personality
- Complaint handling & resolution experience
- Well-presented appearance
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & problem solve
- Computer skills in MS office products and the ability to learn new systems
- Must have a full-privileged (open) driving licence (no L’s, N’s or P’s)
- Clean driving record
- Must have had a driving license for 3 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run all night audit reports and report any discrepancies
- Run all nightly reservation reports for Central Reservation Managers
- Count the front desk tills and balance the front desk shift payment resorts to the main audit ensuring that all entries are correct
- Prepare check in packages and ensure all guest lift, lesson and rental vouchers are printed and in correct check in package
- Follow correct procedures for Direct, Wholesaler and Group guest check in and check out
- Make walk in/direct reservations & shuttle booking ensuring all bookings made adhere to Big White Central Reservations payment and cancelation policies
- Answer and assist all incoming telephone calls to the front desk
- Ensure high level of customer service is maintained at all times
- Assist guests with all questions and reasonable requests
- Develop a good understanding of village layout and be able to give directions to all units in rental pool
- Any other reasonable requests as made by a Central Reservations Manager
- Once job offer is given, the employee will be required to
- Request a driving record from your state or province to be mailed to you. You may open it to ensure it is the correct paper work but keep the original envelope as it may help to show where it came from. This record must be an original copy of your past 3 years of driving history.
- This driving record cannot be any older than 90 days.
Once you are in BC you will be required to go to the closest ICBC, inform them you want to acquire a class 4 driver’s license and exchange your license for a BC driving licence.
- ICBC will request your driving record if you are not from BC from the last 3 years.
- You will need to read and study the Class 4 unrestricted section on the ICBC Commercial Driving Manual http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/driving-guides/Pages/Driving-commercial-vehicles.aspx. You can start studying this manual at any time.
- You will take the written test to get your learners permit. Keep your receipt as we will reimburse you.
- We will arrange driver training for you
- You will then take the driving license test
PLEASE NOTE: This position’s shifts run from 12:00am (Midnight) until 8:00am five days per week.